2.5 CE Credits
This fast paced, informative session will introduce the participants to several new materials in the arena of indirect restorative dentistry. Tips and techniques for these materials will be discussed during this presentation. Pros and cons of each material will be discussed. This course will cover the latest development in all porcelains, cements, impression materials and CAD/CAM technology and elucidate their influences on the modern practice of dentistry.
During this program practitioners will:
- Gain knowledge of modern ceramic materials and understand limitations and strengths of each type of material.
- Develop a better understanding of the indications and contraindications of each material.
- Improve their understanding of the plethora of modern cements and which clinical situations are indicated for their use.
- Navigate the technological advances in CAD/CAM Dentistry and figure out which systems may be most appropriate for their practices.
- Learn predictable techniques designed to capture flawless impressions the first time they are attempted.
About the Speaker:
Dr. Geissberger graduated from University of the Pacific in 1991 obtaining his dental degree and was elected to Omicron Kappa Upsilon as a student. He immediately returned to the school and has taught for 27 years. He later obtained a Masters of Arts in Educational Psychology from University of the Pacific. From 2000-2015 he served as Department Chair of Restorative Dentistry. Currently he is Adjunct Clinical Professor in the Department of Preventive and Restorative Dentistry at the University of the Pacific. He directed the University’s Aesthetic and Complex Care Clinic and teaches many hands-on CE courses in Restorative Dentistry. Dr. Geissberger has served as President of the National Chapter of Omicron Kappa. Dr Geissberger has numerous publications including a textbook entitled Esthetic Dentistry in Clinical Practice for Wiley-Blackwell. He has presented nationally and internationally giving over 400 continuing education programs. Additionally, he is a Certified Personal Trainer. He maintains a private practice focusing on reconstructive and esthetic dentistry in Greenbrae, Ca.
OCDS/CDA/ADA Members and Non-Dentist Staff
$99 before Thursday, February 7, 2019
$109 after February 7
$119 day of meeting & walk-ins
Life Retired (no longer practicing)
$50 before Thursday, February 7, 2019
$60 after February 7
$70 day of meeting & walk-ins
Non OCDS/CDA/ADA Members
$198 before Thursday, February 7, 2019
$208 after February 7
$218 day of meeting & walk-ins
CANCELLATION POLICY: Refund requests for meetings will only be honored up to 4:30 pm on the Thursday prior to the meeting. No refunds will be made for requests subsequent to that time.